How to schedule Disk Defragmenter in Windows 8.1?
Wondering how to schedule Disk Defragmenter on Windows 8.1 PC? Well, Disk Defragmenter is a system tool provided by Windows to optimize your computer's performance. This tool can be scheduled to run at regular intervals and it rearranges fragmented data on a volume, say for example a hard disk or a storage device.
Through this feature, you can make your computer function more efficiently. So, if you don’t know how to schedule Disk Defragmenter on a Windows 8.1 PC, you can follow our instructions and make the changes at the comfort of your home, office, or home office. Here’s how it’s done in Windows 8.1 PC.
The solution to the problem
The steps to schedule Disk Defragmenter in Windows 8.1 PC are:
- On the Start screen, start typing “Defragment and optimize”, and then click on ‘Defragment and optimize your drives’ from the search results to launch it.
- The ‘Optimize drives’ window will open. Click on the “Change Settings” button
- Make sure the checkbox next to “Run on a schedule” is selected
- Select the frequency to “Daily, Weekly or Monthly” and click onÂ ChooseÂ to select the drive you want to optimize.
- Click “OK” and then click “OK” again.
- Close the “Optimize Drives” window
So, the next time you computer functions inefficiently, try scheduling Disk Defragmenter in Windows 8.1 PC. The steps to do so are available above so you can follow the instructions accordingly.
For better understanding on the topic, you can watch our solution video below:
Call toll free 1 877 316 9420