Removing an external hard drive from your computer
You can only store limited amount of data on your computer and if you’ve already filled it up with your data, you need to use an external hard disk. An external hard disk is a great peripheral for your computer and it can be carried anywhere. The data that you need with you all the time can be stored in an external hard disk and you can access it from any computer. Do you know how to remove your external hard disk from your computer after you’ve transferred or finished accessing the data stored in it? Here’s how you can remove the external hard disk from your computer in a few simple steps:
1. An icon of the external hard drive connected to your computer would show an icon on the task bar next to clock.
2. Right-click on the icon showing the external hard drive connected.
3. Choose the ‘Safely remove hardware’ option.
4. On the Safely Remove Hardware dialog box, click on ‘Stop’.
5. Confirm device to be stopped and click on ‘Continue’.
Once you click on ‘Continue’ you can remove the external hard disk from your computer.